Food & Human Health: Food provides energy for humans. So food is human fuel.
All nutritious foods rich in quantity Diseases related to nutrient deficiency in food and related information
- Vitamins: – Vitamin is an important protective substance of nutrients. No energy is obtained from it.
- The discovery of vitamin K was done in 1911.
- Generally, vitamins are not synthesized by our body cells.
- Exceptions Vitamin K and D are synthesized in our body.
- Vitamin B and C are soluble in water.
- Vitamin A, D, EK is soluble in fat and organic drivers.
- A Vitamin: –
- Chemical name – Retinol
- Source – Milk, Egg, Paneer etc.
- Disease – night blindness, infection, gerrophthalmia
- Symptom – Not visible at night or in light
Important Vitamin For Human Health – Vitamin -B
|Type of Vitamin||Chemical Name||Disease||Source|
|B-1||Thiamine||Berry-Berry||Groundnut, Sesame, Egg etc.|
|B-2||riboflavin skin||skin, tongue burst, eyes red||yeast, meat, green vegetables etc|
|B-3||Neosine||white hair, dim brain||peanut, sugarcane etc.|
|B-5||Pantalineic Acid||Pelagra (Skin Shing) or 4-D||Syndrome Meat, Peanut etc.|
|B-6||pyridoxine||(anemia, skin disease)||meat, grains etc.|
|B-7||biotin||paralysis, hair fall||meat, egg etc.|
|B-11||folic acid||anemia, peaches||Dals, vegetables etc.|
|B-12||sinocobalamine||anemia, Pandu||Diseases, milk etc.|
Food & Human Health Importance
Vitamin C: –
- Chemical Name – Ascorbic Acid
- Source – lemons, oranges, sprouted grains etc.
- Diseases – Scurvy, gingivitis
Vitamin D: – Chemical name – calciferol
- Source: milk, egg, etc.
- Disease – Ricketts
Vitamin E: –
- Chemical name – Tocopherol
- Source – milk, butter, sprouted grains etc.
- Disease – decreased fertility
Vitamin K: –
- Chemical name – Philocavon
- Sources – Tomatoes, green vegetables etc.
- Disease – becoming a blood clot
Carbohydrate – Carbon: Hydrogen: Oxygen = 1: 2: 1 The organization is carbohydrate.
- 50-75 percent energy supply
- 1 gram glucose = 4.2 k cal
- Monosaccharide = glucose, glactose, manoj
- Dye sauceride → sucrose = glucose + fructose
- Maltose = glucose + glucose
- Lactose = glucose + glactose
- Poly saikeride → starch, glycogen chitin poly siceride → starch, glycogen chitin
- Body energy supply by carbohydrate oxidation
- Carbohydrates also produce vitamin C and nucleic acids in the body.
- Carbohydrate is found in wheat, rice, corn, potato, sweet potato etc.
- Protein: – A mixture of 20 amino acids
Need for Food & Human Health
Most proteins are found in soybean. A working woman should take 45 grams of protein per day. They act as catalysts in biological functions.